2007年6月24日

2007-6-24 1) HsinDien-ZeTang, 2) HsinDien-ShiDing-Guting

Trip 1) HsinDien-ZeTang














Member: Tony, William, Carol and Ning

Ning's total riding time:37.67 km

Ning's total riding distance: 2 hr 14 min

I waked up at 5:30 AM and arrive XinDien MRT station at 6:15 AM, started to ride at 6:45 AM. Something wrong with Tony's bicycle break so he had to go back home to change bicycle. This was a hot and stuffy day. The weather was too unfriendly to ride bike, so we had to stop before noon to prevent from getting sunstroke. We met more than 100 bikers from Big Apple biking club. As for as I know, Big Apple is the biggest and well organized biking club in Taiwan. but it is hard for me to imagine how to manage a biking trip with more than 100 participants. We had lunch at a HuYuan restaurant (http://www.coupon.com.tw/go26665367.htm) even though William and I just had fruit and noodle, respectively. I forgot what Tony and Carol ate but they pretty loved their chiken combo.

The track recorded by GPS as shown in the photo is very crazy and ridiculous, becuae of limited GPS signal detected in this mountain.


Trip 2) HsinDien-ShiDing-Guting














Member: Ning

Total riding time: around 2.5 hours (something wrong with my cycle computer, so this is just estimated)

Total distance: 45 km

Eveybody had appointment in the afternoon, so I just kept riding from XinDien to ShiDing at 12:30 PM. I was actually planning to ride to PinXi but I gave up because of possible torrential rain after big thunders all round the mountain area.

I had BBQ Tofu with pickled vegetable, icecream spring roll with peanut powder and coriander leaves at ShenKeng. That taste pretty good, and thank to the boss of icecream spring roll for filling water for me.

Ning

2 則留言:

Taiwan English Biking Club 提到...

Wo, you are really surprising me Ning. You did ride in the afternoon under such weather conditions. And it sounds that you enjoyed your tofu and the whole trip very much. Well done and I admire you.

Tony

Taiwan English Biking Club 提到...

Tony, I only rode 82km yesterday. hopefully I will make 100 km within a day soon. If the weather is still like that next time, let's go to higher mountain area to experience high attitude forestry trail.

Hope you make allowence yesterday.

Ning